At Carlson Construction, we hire great attitudes backed with experience! We have over 90 years’ experience constructing quality buildings; and constructing great careers! With a focus on building long-term careers, we empower our people to grow personally and professionally. We encourage opportunities to further an employee’s education and training. We offer competitive remuneration and benefits from Health and Dental, to RRSP-matching. We provide employees with work/life balance, fun events, and opportunities to get involved with the work we do in our communities. We have 9+ decades of legacy and commitment to our people. We maintain reasonable volumes and entirely satisfied Client experiences!
We have an opportunity for a Project Administrator in our Edmonton region to support our Commercial, Industrial, Multi-Unit Residential sectors! We are seeking candidates who are skilled, knowledgeable, experienced and driven to succeed in our business. We are proud of our remarkable Carlson team, and are seeking an individual who leads by example and has a proven track record. The Project Administrator will report into our General Manager. There is likely to be some time spent on site(s) and/or in our Edmonton office.
The role of the Project Administrator is to provide administrative support and assistance for project managers, project estimation, start up, execution, and closeout, as well as provide administrative support and assistance to the office as required.
Specifically, the key responsibilities of Project Administrator are (but not limited to):
- Work closely to support the Project Manager, Project Coordinator and Foreman/Superintendent with the administration related to projects.
- Proactively identify, address, and resolve issues and problems as or before they occur
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with clients, consultants, sub-trades, and suppliers
- Assist with planning, organizing, filing, documenting, and administering of construction projects of varying sizes and scope
- Project administration, including contract and subcontract document preparation and control
- Communicates change orders, requests for information and shop drawings
- Coordinate operations and maintenance manuals
- Update other project related documents and logs in Timberline and other programs as needed
- Drafting minutes of meetings and correspondence;
- Support change process to the subcontract including communication with Foreman/Superintendent and ensure documentation updates
- Where required and at the direction of the Project Manager or Vice President of Project Development, arrange and administer site photography upon project milestones being reached
- Assist in the updating or investigating of cost reports and ECAC’s.
- Prepare substantial completion certificates and ensure required project close out documents are obtained
- Managing owner change orders to prime contract
- Administer the preparation of contracts (prime and trade), as well as changes and additions to contractual agreements with architects, consultants, clients, suppliers, and subcontractors under the direction of the Project Manager
- Keep project management team informed about project status and issues that may impact client relations
- Train new employee’s on timberline
- Supports the Front Desk Administrator role
- 2+ years Project Administrator experience in a commercial/industrial/multi-unit residential construction management environment
- Demonstrated ability of high attention to detail, strong organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability with the use of Microsoft Suite, including MS Project
- Demonstrated ability with written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge and use of Sage 300 Timberline (Real Estate & Construction) would be an asset
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
If this opportunity sounds like it is a great fit for you, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.