Project Coordinator – Edmonton
At Carlson Construction, we hire great attitudes backed with experience! We have over 90 years’ experience constructing quality buildings; and constructing great careers! With a focus on building careers, we empower our people to grow personally and professionally. We encourage opportunities to further an employee’s education and training. We offer competitive remuneration and benefits from Health and Dental, to RRSP-matching. We provide employees with work/life balance, fun events, and opportunities to get involved with the work we do in our communities. We have 9+ decades of legacy and commitment to our people.
We have an opportunity for a Project Coordinator in our Edmonton region! We are seeking candidates who are skilled, knowledgeable, experienced and driven to succeed in our business. We are proud of our remarkable Carlson team, and are seeking an individual who leads by example and has a proven track record. The Project Coordinator will report into our Vice President Operations.
The role of the Project Coordinator is to assist with project estimation, start up, execution, and closeout by assisting in the coordination of all construction activities that take place on the work site and in the office, ensuring consistent high standards of workmanship and efficiency.
Specifically, the key responsibilities of Project Coordinator are:
- Assist the Project Manager in the drafting and issuance of project proposals, tenders, budgets, cash flows, and preliminary schedules
- Work closely with the Project Manager and Foreman/Superintendent to minimize their task work
- Proactively, identify, address, and resolve issues and problems as or before they occur
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with clients, consultants, sub-trades, and suppliers
- Supervise and coordinate shop drawing process
- Attend client meetings when required to assist with determination of project requirements and take down necessary information
- Track the progress and quality of work being performed by design disciplines/trades
- Work with the Project Administrator and Foreman/Superintendent to ensure that deliveries are expedited and coordinated
- Support the coordination work of sub-trades to ensure productivity and schedule compliance
- Coordinate changes to the contract including communication with Foreman/Superintendent and ensure documentation updates
- Review deliverables with the Foreman/Superintendent to ensure deliveries are coordinated
- Assist with planning, organizing, directing, controlling, and evaluating construction projects from start to finish according to schedule, specifications, and budget
- Support the development and implementation of quality control programs
- Ensure client’s needs are met in a timely and cost effective manner
- Perform visits to site as required
- Keep the Project Manager and others informed about project status and issues that may impact client relations
- Prepare progress reports and issue progress schedules to clients
- Use project scheduling and control tools to monitor projects plans, work hours, budgets, and expenditures
- Effectively and accurately communicate relevant project information to the client and project team
- Communicate ideas for improving company processes with a positive and constructive attitude, and for developing this attitude in others
- Additional administrative tasks and support are required
- 3-5 years-experience in a construction management environment
- Post-secondary education in Construction Engineering Technology or equivalent education in the construction industry.
- Demonstrated ability of high attention to detail, strong organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability with the use of Microsoft Suite, including MS Project
- Demonstrated ability with written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge and use of Sage Timberline program would be an asset
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
If this opportunity sounds like it is a great fit for you, please apply with your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.