We have an opportunity for a Project Manager in our Calgary office! We are seeking candidates who are skilled, knowledgeable, with a wide range of construction experience and who is driven to succeed in our business. We are proud of our remarkable Carlson team and we are seeking an individual who leads by example and who has a proven track record. The Project Manager will report to the President. Carlson specializes in Commercial, Industrial and Multi‐Unit Residential project execution. The role of the Project Manager is to plan, execute, and finalize projects according to strict deadlines and within budget. The Project Manager will also define the project’s objectives and oversee all construction activities that take place on the work site and in the office, ensuring consistent and high standards of workmanship, safety, and efficiency.
Specifically, the key responsibilities of a Project Manager are:
- Plan, organize, direct, control, and evaluate projects according to schedule, specifications, and budget
- Understand the project plan and specifications
- Plan, prepare, monitor, and communicate construction schedules and milestones, including changes or delays
- Prepare progress reports and issue progress schedules to Clients
- Track the progress and quality of work being performed by design disciplines/trades
- Create and execute project plans, and revise as appropriate to meet changing requirements
- Hire and supervise the activities of subcontractors and subordinate staff
- Draft and issue project proposals, tenders, budgets, cash flows, and preliminary schedules
- Proactively identify, address, and resolve issues and problems as or before they occur
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with Clients, Consultants, Sub‐trades, and Suppliers
- Coordinate changes to the contract including communication with Superintendent
- Implement quality control programs on assigned projects
- Ensure Client’s needs are met in a timely and cost‐effective manner
- Keep the Superintendent and others informed about project status and issues that may impact Client relations
- Review of contractor quotations to ensure that only fair and reasonable pricing is recommended for approval
- Issue contracts, letters of Intent, purchase orders, and other required project documentation
- Track and manage contemplated change notices and change orders in the database
- Use project scheduling and control tools to monitor project plans, work hours, budgets, and expenditures
- Effectively and accurately communicate relevant project information to the Client and Project Team
- Pricing of change orders, tracking requests for information, review of shop drawings, and coordination of information provided and required by Sub‐trades and Suppliers
- Review and track field inspection reports from consultants throughout the lifecycle of the Project
- Maintain all relevant project logs
- Communicate ideas for improving company processes with a positive and constructive attitude, and for developing this attitude in others
- Ability to work effectively and independently as part of a “results‐oriented” team
- 10+ years Construction Management and/or General Contracting experience on projects of up to $75M in size.
- Post‐secondary education in Civil Engineering, Construction Engineering Technology or equivalent education in the construction industry.
- Demonstrated ability of high attention to detail, strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to manage projects from start to finish with minimal supervision
- Knowledge and use of Sage Timberline program an asset
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
If this opportunity sounds like it is a great fit for you, please apply with your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
We thank all applicants in advance for considering joining our team; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.